G  K
G K
Senior MemberPosts: 1,681Gear list
Like?
Re: Still without power
In reply to Leo360, Nov 2, 2012

Leo360 wrote:

G K wrote:

Living on the Texas mid-Gulf coast for the past 42 yearI I can relate somewhat. Had to pack up and leave 4 or 5 times, road the others out, no fun.

I know you NY and NJ folks come from strong stock and have no doubt you will rebuild, repair and renew and be back stronger than ever. Best of luck from the Gulf coast.

-- hide signature --

Buck

Buck, thanks for your kind wishes. What has really surprised me is how antiquated and worn out our infrastructure has become. Here in the Riverdale portion of the Bronx there was no flooding. Structural damage was limited to just fallen trees. Yet in my neighborhood even the optimists do not count on electrical power return any sooner than November the 10-th. The power lines are in the air poorly attached to the pols and in the midst of big trees with wires literally sandwiched between huge branches. Even mild wind will knock down such a contraption.

Brooklyn, Staten Island an Low Manhattan is in entirely different category. The actual scope of structural devastation excluding human lives exceeds by far the structural damage of 9/11. We will feel consequences for years to come.

Leo

Leo,

It is hard for me to watch the evening news on TV seeing what you, your family and friends and the area as a whole are going through. I know it will be a long road back but with time it WILL happen. The Houston, TX news was showing utility trucks and crews heading up your way. Please know that everyone, I mean EVERYONE, is pulling for you.

Buck

-- hide signature --

Buck

G K's gear list:G K's gear list
Nikon D70 Nikon D200 Nikon D300 Nikon D800E
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow