d300 sports shooters, what type sports do you normally shoot?

Started Nov 1, 2012 | Discussions thread
griz87911
Regular MemberPosts: 104
Like?
Re: d300 sports shooters, what type sports do you normally shoot?
In reply to Kerry Pierce, Nov 2, 2012

I shoot football and soccer with a D300 and Nikkor 80-200 f/2.8D 2-ring. In the winter I shoot basketball with the D300 and Nikkor 35mm f/1.8G. Like everybody else I hanker after a new lens, but have decided not to buy any more DX equipment until I see which way Nikon is going to go with the product line. I've been toying with getting an 85mm f/1.8G for basketball, thinking it would also be a little better than the 80-200 f/2.8 for certain plays close to the sideline at night football games.

When I first started doing this it was to see my friends' kids, who I have known since they were little. I would put the photos up on their Facebook pages. Then their teammates would see the photos and start sending me Facebook friend requests to get access to the photos. I would accept those and before long found myself following these other kids' progress in the local sports pages and trying to get to their games. I put the same photos up for sale at a Zenfolio web page and in the last year have sold quite a few photos to parents of kids who first saw my photos on Facebook.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow