What would you recommend for processing NEF?

Started Oct 26, 2012 | Questions thread
Tbolt47
Senior MemberPosts: 1,424Gear list
Like?
Keeping it Simple
In reply to McGene, Nov 2, 2012

Recently I was looking for a raw converter. Up to now I just used ViewNx.

I tried LR4, C1v7 and Photo Ninja. I wanted something easy to use that would get the result I was after quickly with the best quality.

I preferred the pictures I tried in C1 over LR (though not much in it), but C1 by default was over-saturating my pictures. Both these programs have a huge amount of controls that you could spend a long time playing with one photo and a long time learning.

The one I ended up buying was Photo Ninja, the UI is very easier to use and the image quality is slightly better than C1 (though you have to look close to see it), it's got all the adjustments I need except selective sharpening and NR, which I believe they are working on adding.

I think all these programs are close in the quality of their output, one might do something slightly better than the other and vice versa.

Tbolt47's gear list:Tbolt47's gear list
Olympus E-620 Nikon D7000 Nikon D7100 Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 18-105mm f/3.5-5.6G ED VR Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 10-24mm f/3-5-4.5G ED +10 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
;-)New
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow