Sony in the Red but Fujifilm in the Black!!!

Started Nov 2, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
BillyInya
Senior MemberPosts: 1,293Gear list
Like?
Sony in the Red but Fujifilm in the Black!!!
Nov 2, 2012

Cheers

I can see Fuji's X mount system going from strength to strength. I wonder what's around the corner??

http://www.takegreatpictures.com/photo-tips/digital-cameras/fujifilm-shooting-to-be-no-3-camera-maker-with-interchangeable-lens-model-1

Currently Fuji is the fifth largest camera manufacturer in the world, but are aiming to be number 3 by 2014. Pretty amazing considering their camera division is only a tiny part of the Fuji conglomerate. My bet is they certainly seem to have the ingredients right with their interchangeable lens camera system to help them achieve this. Sony must be shivering in their boots Maybe this is why all we seem to be seeing from Sony is little more than simply putting more megapixels in sensors or making them bigger - they perhaps can't afford to do anything else!!!

So there you have it, Sony struggling in the red while Fujifilm in the black even after downgrading their own forecasts.

But going against the trend is Fujifilm who, after downgrading its own forecasts, expects to make a profit in the area of 45 billion yen.

"Sony reduces fiscal second quarter loss to 15.5 billion yen ($193 million) on sales recovery"
http://www.chron.com/business/technology/article/Sony-reduces-fiscal-second-quarter-loss-to-15-5-3998872.php

Seems Sony is on the rocks but I am sure they can get through the tough times. Their R&D will surely feel the pinch and perhaps even future products may have to be cut back...

BillyInya's gear list:BillyInya's gear list
Nikon D7000 Fujifilm X-E1 Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 18-135mm f/3.5-5.6G ED-IF Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 17-55mm f/2.8G ED-IF Nikon AF-S Nikkor 70-200mm f/2.8G ED VR II +8 more
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow