Contributing MemberPosts: 681Gear list
Like?
Just cancelled my D600 order
Nov 2, 2012

I looked at my lenses:

35 1.8 DX

18-105 DX

70-300 FX

If I were to buy my D600 + 28-300 I would have to pay 2500 given I can get 500 for my D90 + 18-105  lens. Probably a reasonable assumption

However after having reviewed the pics and compared to my D90 I cant justify the additional 2500 as a happy amateur. So I cancelled my order.

Now my question is given the D7000 is quite a good camera and I could still use my lenses so an effective upgrade cost would be roughly 700 or less. I can live with that.

Although a lot of people advice me to get a better lens instead of a new body. So what would you guys recommend? Upgrade to D7000 or get a new low light lens and if so which one?

Would like to stay below $1000 and also if I buy a new lens I would like it to work on a FX in the future since one day I will go to full frame.

I would like better ISO or rather low light capability and not really at the long end. With the new body of course it would be across the whole range but if I buy a new lens I would focus on the less than 100mm range.

Thanks

PeterTX's gear list:PeterTX's gear list
Olympus E-M1
Nikon D600 Nikon D7000 Nikon D90
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow