Started Nov 2, 2012 | Questions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
7enderbender
Contributing MemberPosts: 822
Like?
Use PS CS6 alongside LR3?
Nov 2, 2012

I'm looking to move to a Mac soon for my desktop and I'm currently running PS CS5 and LR3. I'm quite happy with that and see nothing in the new versions that looks useful for my needs.

However, given that I am on a PC platform I can't just move my CS5 to Mac. Adobe informed me that they would not let me swap my student license for Mac but rather offered an upgrade to CS6 for $199. Can't say that I like the idea but at least it comes with the benefit that my PC CS5 license would still work for now on my PC laptop. And I could swap back if I don't like the Mac after all.

My concern is using CS5 alongside LR3. Not that it really happens that often (it's really one or the other) and the RAW development tools are not fully interchangeable anyway in my experience. But I'm really not interested in LR4 on top of everything else. First it's another 100 bucks and second people's experience with LR4 doesn't seem that exciting. What's more: it wouldn't run on my PC laptop with XP it seems. And I'm not "upgrading" now to Win7 (or worse) when I'm really on my way out.

So what issues should I expect on a new Mac (mini with i7 quad and 16GB) with CS6 plus LR3?

ANSWER:
This question has not been answered yet.
Samsung i7
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow