Upgrade to NEX-6 or get a Telephoto lens?

Started Nov 2, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Sphinx_man
Regular MemberPosts: 289
Like?
Upgrade to NEX-6 or get a Telephoto lens?
Nov 2, 2012

Hi all - I've been a very happy NEX-5N shooter over a year now. I mostly shoot landscapes and I found the kit 18-55 and 16mm (with the UWA adapter) adequate. I also have a EVF attached which I find extremely useful. I don't do sports photography or shoot a lot of nightscapes ( I admit I miss having the flash at the moment instead of diving into the camera bag, pulling it out, unscrewing the EVF, screw on the flash and shoot...a bit painful). HHT is pretty awesome for many low light shots.

Now with the recent release of NEX-6 with a built in EVF/Flash and faster focusing has me getting a bit restless to upgrade but on the other hand, from what I read so far the image quality or the performance isn't a massive step up from the NEX-5N.

I'm very tempted to get the SEL18-200LE instead of the NEX-6 (not both, can't afford). Can't decide which would be more useful...

Would appreciate your views to help me resolve this dilema.

Thanks

SG

Sony Alpha NEX-5N Sony Alpha NEX-6
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow