Started Nov 2, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
WT21
Veteran MemberPosts: 4,631Gear list
Like?
Nikon D5100 or D7000?
Nov 2, 2012

I have a Canon 5D, and I'd like to try Nikon. For several reasons, I think I'll try DX. I did explore Sony SLT and some other options, but I keep coming back to Nikon, for it's flash control and it's ergonomics. I've held a couple of Nikons in the store now, and I really like how the controls are laid out.

I don't have a big budget to explore this, and I'd rather have a smaller body, but I really want micro adjust for lenses. So, I'm debating between the D5100, which seems to be a great bang-for-the-buck, but no micro adjustment, or the D7000.

For those with the D7000, is there anything you really DON'T like about the camera? I would be buying used, by the way, so if there are any quality "gotches" I should consider, that would be helpful, too.

One note: I don't care about video and don't really do macros, so the flip-out screen is not important to me. I like the D5100 because of price and size, but the D7000 because of the controls (front and rear wheels) and micro-adjust. Just wondering about any issues I should consider on these cameras outside of the above.

WT21's gear list:WT21's gear list
Sony RX100 Sony Alpha NEX-6 +1 more
Canon EOS 5D Nikon D5100 Nikon D7000
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow