Started Nov 2, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
jayboo
Senior MemberPosts: 1,364Gear list
Like?
Help, Advice and C&C for Portrait Novice
Nov 2, 2012

While I have of course taken portraits, people shots, in the three years I have been pursuing this hobby, I am uncomfortable and awkward when doing them, much the same as having my photo taken in fact.    Always find myself rushing, not thinking enough.  I understand that a good portrait should capture something of the person as well as being a good exposure.

My first grandchild is due early next year and I hope to get over this problem before then.

I am more comfortable with natural light than flash but because of constantly rushing never use it to its best effect, reflectors etc.

Anyhow, today was my Dad's 88th birthday and I took a few shots.  This one here is the one I felt captured "My Dad" to me.   I actually shot this Mono and I love how my Dad's silver hair looks.   C&C please and any advice on how to improve.

-- hide signature --

Jayboo

jayboo's gear list:jayboo's gear list
Canon EOS 5D Mark III Canon EOS 650D Fujifilm X-E2 Canon EF 135mm f/2.0L USM Canon EF 400mm f/5.6L USM +6 more
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow