Started Nov 1, 2012 | Discussions thread
eagle2a
Senior MemberPosts: 1,894
Like?
Re: Thumbs down on thumbs down.
In reply to Vandyu, Nov 1, 2012

Vandyu wrote:

eagle2a wrote:

The best "thumbs up, thumbs down" is the same as it has always been, if you like a particular post, comment on it favorably. If you don't like a particular post, one that is obnoxious, off-the-wall, or from your perspective, just plain wrong, then make a post and say so.

Otherwise, just let the thread die. The better threads get lots of traffic, and those that aren't very good will die due to inactivity. This has always been the best methodology. This business where someone can be anonymous, or re-register and then be a phony, so they can be critical is not good. In my opinion it does not benefit the forum.

Don

+1

-- hide signature --

"Promise me you'll always remember: You're braver than you believe, and stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think." (A.A. Milne)

Thank you Vandyu. It always does my hart good to have an old time member agree with me.

Just call me "Old Guy." Us types seem to like things as they were (if they worked of course). Change for change sake is seldom good. I believe that DPreview is trying to better there excellent site. And in some ways they have. The ability to post a picture easily is one of those things.

But I am like so many others, this rush to join the "Internet Crowd" (for lack of a better term) is unnerving to me. Before you know it this site will be all about iPhones and iPads. After 30 years of subscribing to PC World I have allowed my subscription to laps because of all the emphasis on iPhone and iPad technology. I do not believe I will ever own Windows 8. It leaves me cold!!

To each his/her own of course!:-P

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow