Opinions on what to bring to a wedding.....

Started Nov 1, 2012 | Discussions thread
lakensea
Contributing MemberPosts: 557Gear list
Like?
Re: Opinions on what to bring to a wedding.....
In reply to lakensea, Nov 1, 2012

Thanks for all the responses, especially from the pro's.  I have taken photo's at weddings in the past with P & S's and a Fuji HS10 super zoom.  I do know enough to stay well out of the way of the hired pro's as I have a lot of respect for you guys (& gals) to have to put up with all the rude picture takers at these things.  That's why I would prefer to use a zoom lens and stay as far out of the way as possible.  Last September my niece got married and had a team of two professional photographers.  I had a Fuji HS10 at that time and made sure I was always aware of where they were before trying to get shots.  Of course, other than the 30X zoom, I did not like that camera.  I think I got maybe 5 keepers that day.

Right now I'm leaning towards the 16-50 & 50-150 with maybe the 1.4 converter.  In my new M-Rock 5060 Grand Canyon (http://www.m-rock.com/slr-camera-case.htm) I can easily fit all that plus the 43 flash and another lens, probably the 18-135 in case my wife wants to take some shots.

The Tamron 18-270 is the softest of all my lenses, especially if the light is not that great - maybe I'm just spoiled by my other lenses.

P.S. - Sorry for the cheap plug for the M-Rock bags, but Mike Rockwell is a great guy, and I think he really has hit a home run with all his new bags.  I just got three new ones and when I have a chance will do a review.  M-Rock may not be the big name brand - but they are certainly worth a look.

-- hide signature --

Gary C.
www.edenrentals.com
wwww.lakeandsea.com

lakensea's gear list:lakensea's gear list
Sony a6000 Sony a77 II Sony 24-70mm F2.8 ZA SSM Carl Zeiss Vario-Sonnar T* Sony 70-300mm F4.5-5.6 G SSM Sigma 50-150mm F2.8 EX DC APO OS HSM +12 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow