d300 sports shooters, what type sports do you normally shoot?

Started Nov 1, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Kerry Pierce
Forum ProPosts: 17,620Gear list
Like?
d300 sports shooters, what type sports do you normally shoot?
Nov 1, 2012

I used to do a lot of kid's sports shooting, hockey, football, basketball, tennis, baseball, gynastics, soccer and so on, both indoor and out. I started out with the d200 and was so happy to get the d300 when it came out.

I don't have kids of my own, so almost all that I've done has been under contract to parents, with some freelancing being done as well.

I'm curious about what sporting or action shooting that other folks typically shoot and what kinds of equipment they use.  I would assume that people that are shooting their own children wouldn't be active in other areas and wouldn't want to spend a ton of money on bodies and lenses, but I'd like to see how it really is out there.

Please post your experiences and thoughts.  It doesn't have to be just on kid's sports. It could be on your passion for some type of racing or surfing, skateboarding, airplanes, skiing, whatever.  I'm really interested in what folks do and why and figure this is a good time to learn something from the others here.

Thanks in advance

Kerry

-- hide signature --

my gallery of so-so photos
http://www.pbase.com/kerrypierce/root

Kerry Pierce's gear list:Kerry Pierce's gear list
Nikon AF-S Nikkor 70-200mm f/2.8G ED VR Nikon AF-S Nikkor 24-70mm f/2.8G ED Nikon AF Nikkor 85mm f/1.4D Nikon AF Nikkor 105mm f/2D DC Nikon AF Nikkor 135mm f/2D DC +11 more
Nikon D200 Nikon D300
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow