Started Nov 1, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
jeff23r
Forum MemberPosts: 78Gear list
Like?
Back to Oly...
Nov 1, 2012

my first non-point and shoot was the E-500 kit with an FL36 when it first came out.  about a year later switched very briefly to a canon and then to Nikon where i stayed for a while - all for mainly family/kid/travel type pictures.  something about the OMD really caught my eye, started reading up on it and today pulled the trigger trading in what i had for the OMD with the 12-50 kit lens.  not sure i really needed the 12-50, but i remembered thinking at times that starting at 14 was too wide so i spent the extra money - actually, i got a trade in much better than expected so came out of pocket little over all for the camera and kit.  charging the battery now, havent played with it at all - was wondering if anyone had any thoughts on basic changes to the standard settings (shoot JPEG not raw) such as to sharpness, using neutral vs others, etc.

still cant believe they dont include a lens hood - hoping the 12-50 was worth the extra dollars over the 14-42

any thoughts on the small metz 24 vs the included flash for my uses (again, kids and such).  I know there are much better flashes, but to me they defeat the purposes of the portability of the camera, i dont use manual flash, and had been happy enough with my small nikon sb400.  for the cheap price, the metz seems like a nice pick - i know, sometimes you get what you pay for though

thanks in advance for any suggestions on settings or the flash.

jeff

jeff23r's gear list:jeff23r's gear list
Olympus OM-D E-M5 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 12-50mm 1:3.5-6.3 EZ Sigma 30mm F2.8 DN +1 more
Olympus E-5
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
HumNew
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow