Started Nov 1, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
gkreth
Senior MemberPosts: 2,974
Like?
Question about saving SR focal length in K-30 User settings
Nov 1, 2012

I read the K-30 review, and it got me got quite interested in this camera. Of course, I am a year away fro man upgrade (my promise to my wife), but still...

One thing that interested me was the two User modes on the dial. When I use MF zooms on my K-x, I often set the focal length very low for the shake reduction. I had read one time that it was better to have too low a value than too high value; i.e., if the FL you set for the SR is 100mm, and you shoot at 50mm, the SR will actually cause MORE blur in your pictures.

So I keep the value low with zooms. And it has always annoyed me that you cannot easily change the FL on the SR; you have to either go to Page 4 of the menu settings, or turn the camera off and back on again (which brings up the SR FL menu).

Thinking about the user modes on the K-30, I wondered if I could set the User modes identical except for the SR FL. For example, say for a 70-200 zoom, I could set User Mode 1 for FL 70, and User Mode 2 for FL 150. This would give me a fairly quick way to shift from one to the other; if I zoom in more than half-way, I switch to User Mode 2.

That certainly seems possible, don't you agree?

Thanks for any input.

Greg

Pentax K-30 Pentax K-x
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow