Do we know if X-Pro1 will have same AF performance with 18-55mm lens as X-E1 claimed?

Started Oct 29, 2012 | Questions thread
Dan W.
Forum MemberPosts: 78Gear list
Like?
Re: Do we know if X-Pro1 will have same AF performance with 18-55mm lens as X-E1 claimed?
In reply to matics, Nov 1, 2012

matics wrote:

With all of the stated similarities between the X-Pro1 and X-E1, I assumed the AF performance would be the same with respect to the zoom, however, I saw an interesting footnote in Fujifilm's press release of the lens from September that had me thinking twice about that assumption. Scroll to the bottom and look at the feature list for the zoom lens and notice the footnote stating the AF performance is when paired with the X-E1. Why make this distinction if the performance would be equal for the X-Pro1?

http://www.dpreview.com/news/2012/09/06/Fujufilm-launches-XF-18-55mm-F2-8-4-0-OIS-semi-fast-standard-zoom-and-XF14mm-F2-8-21mm-equivalent

This is exactly why I am asking. It's hardly to imagine that same sensor plus processor will end up different result, but who know if there is any subtle difference in design for AF optimization. Well, I guess that we will have to wait until the zoom is available before knowing the truth.

Cheers

Dan

Dan W.'s gear list:Dan W.'s gear list
Sony RX100 Fujifilm X100S Nikon D700 Fujifilm X-E1 Olympus PEN E-PL5 +1 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow