Q&A with Samsung’s Jay Kelbley at Imaging Resource

Started Nov 1, 2012 | Discussions thread
mathOS
Regular MemberPosts: 224Gear list
Like?
Re: Q&A with Samsung’s Jay Kelbley at Imaging Resource
In reply to viking79, Nov 1, 2012

I think one thing was clear was that they are committed to that system.

Yes. I'm glad they do state it clearly because I really don't miss the neverending discussions here about Samsung's commitment to the NX system...

I think they made the mistake of positioning the NX system as an upgrade from a point and shoot instead of as a lateral shift from SLR segment. I think this is why some of the features don't make sense, and I think Sony maybe had a better response to this by quickly releasing the NEX 7.

I'm a p&s upgrader, but I agree. IMO being a serious option for a lateral shift from SLR is actually necessary to be an attractive p&s upgrade. The converse isn't true.

I personally don't find any technical performance short comings with the NX20. Corner performance could be better with certain lenses, but overall it is very good. The viewfinder is fine, the articulate screen is nice, the AMOLED display is nice, the lens selection is very good, and everything is pretty decent, but not too much stands out above and beyond other systems.

Yes, Samsung need to differentiate from other systems. I don't mind if they plan to do it on the technology (Android, digital accesories, etc.), but they can't ignore the basics (focusing speed, dynamic range, image processing).

Wait and see...

-- hide signature --
 mathOS's gear list:mathOS's gear list
Samsung NX30 Samsung NX 85mm F1.4 ED SSA Samyang 12mm 1:2.0 NCS CS +5 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow