Best Micro Four Thirds For the Buck

Started Nov 1, 2012 | Questions thread
David43Fan
Regular MemberPosts: 114
Like?
Re: Best Micro Four Thirds For the Buck
In reply to Trevor Carpenter, Nov 1, 2012

As an XZ-1 owner, I'd recommend the E-PL2 for you. Body only at £100+ 2nd hand and it has a very similar control layout to the XZ-1. The E-PL1 does not have the control wheel around the four way buttons but the PL2 does. Bear in mind the PL2 has the same sensor as the E-5 and I don't think you'll be disappointed. Do NOT sell your XZ-1 though. It's still indespensible when you need something more compact. I've just changed from E-PL2 to OM-D and I'm still having withdrawl symptoms. By the way, the E-PM1 despite being an identical body size to the XZ-1 is a slippery little sucker and not one I'd want to stick a zoom on. Oh... and if you have a VF-2 the PL2 allows for candid street photography with it tilted up at 90 degrees, as do all the PENS, but only two can add tiltable onboard flash at the same time - PL1 & PL2. If you don't have a VF-2, get one and use it on your XZ-1 too. I find mine indispensible now.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow