A57 or A65 for lowlight wildlife?

Started Oct 28, 2012 | Questions thread
sensibill
Senior MemberPosts: 4,370Gear list
Like?
the 'real world' and such
In reply to philbot, Nov 1, 2012

Thanks to Rob for bringing this a bit back to earth.

Of course, the so-called real world sometimes requires 100% crops, corner crops, pulling underexposed shadows, etc. — It depends on shot variables, subject, lens, (budget) and not every real world application allows downsampling of a full image. Without a bag of lenses to pick from, you may find yourself having to crop to get the composition you want.

Different cameras indeed respond differently to processing although whether your findings match those shown here might be another matter. I found the chroma noise of my 20MP NX200 to be far easier to remove than the blotchier and sometimes pattern noise of my 550D, for example.

There's no set parameters for shooting in the aforementioned real world, its variables are infinite; that's why we have artificial albeit limited stress tests to approximate a baseline (flawed though it may be) to help our decision making process. This is also part of why a 'pixel peeping crowd' exists. People want what they see as best image quality for their money, whatever their definition of 'best' is. Like so many things, that can be highly subjective.

sensibill's gear list:sensibill's gear list
Sony SLT-A57
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow