speedlites: how many shots can you pull off before battery runs out?

Started Nov 1, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
zambie
Regular MemberPosts: 454Gear list
Like?
speedlites: how many shots can you pull off before battery runs out?
Nov 1, 2012

Hi,

I've recently bought a 580EX II to use with the 7d, and have bought 2 sets of 4 NiMH rechargeable batteries (2600mAh).

I primarily use the flash in manual mode and at about 1/32 power - 1/64 power for pretty much 95% of my shots, and tweak it upto 1/8 for the remaining 5% ...

managed to get about 35 - 40 shots using one set of batteries before they died out ... is this typical?

 zambie's gear list:zambie's gear list
Canon EF 85mm f/1.8 USM
Canon EOS 7D
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow