Pleasant suprice with K5 flash (bounch or direct)

Started Nov 1, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
kitsios_spyros
Senior MemberPosts: 1,183
Like?
Pleasant suprice with K5 flash (bounch or direct)
Nov 1, 2012

Dear friends,

I own K5 since Easter along with my K10d and K100d Super. During summer I bought a small Metz flash to help my older cameras with low light indoor shooting. I first tried Metz 24 AF-1, which I returned and replaced with Metz 36 AF-5.

I had not used it on K5 since this camera has the reported flash exposure issue. It is suggested to us it with auto thyristor capable flashes. But last week I went to a kid's birthday party and tried the K5+Metz36 combination to see how intense the problem is

Well, I am more than pleased to say that even I tried to produce the worst conditions that present the problem (zoom in and out while at the same time change the flash from direct to bounch and vise versa) only 2 shoots out of ~150 had an overexposure issue. Better or at least equal to the metering/exposure without a flash.

Pleasant suprice! A lot actually. Others with similar, problem-free experience with K5 and cheap flashes?

Kind Regards,

Spyros

Pentax K100D Super Pentax K10D Pentax K-5
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow