Thinking of switching to Fuji

Started Sep 27, 2012 | Discussions thread
steveTQP
Regular MemberPosts: 145Gear list
Like?
Re: Choices, "instinct" lusts for X-E1, but OMD+lenses confuses plans
In reply to Scott McL, Nov 1, 2012

Greetings! I too, am seeking a compact kit with very very high image quality, particularly sharpness and detail when printing large (over 16x20). Using a PENTAX K-5 (and some gorgeous FA PENTAX optics), I am pleased with the IQ I get when printing up to 24x36, but decided to investigate a smaller, lighter kit for travel work. I had first considered the Sony NEX-7 (with Zeiss 24), but quickly abandoned that option because of the scarcity of high quality native lenses (without necessity of an adapter). I have come down to the Fuji X-Pro1,  or the Olympus OM-D EM-5 system. I am still reearching which kit would give me the best quality images, particularly in terms of sharpness and image detail. I have read some awesome reviews of the OM-D with Olympus lenses such as the 12, 48, 60 macro, and 75. My only hesitation is that used to havea Panny G2 (with the very nice Panny 20mm f/1.7), but I wasn't happy with printed above 12x15. Has the m4/3 sensor technology (in the OM-D for example) improved that much over a few years?? I am hoping yes, but keeping options open. Thank you!

-- hide signature --

Steve Solomon steve@totalqualityphoto.com

steveTQP's gear list:steveTQP's gear list
Nikon D5300 Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 16-85mm f/3.5-5.6G ED VR
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow