Adobe alternatives?

Started Oct 31, 2012 | Discussions thread
Jeff Peterman
Forum ProPosts: 10,247Gear list
Like?
Re: Bridge Alternative - Lightroom
In reply to Bobzilla2, Nov 1, 2012

Lightroom has gone through many improvements. Version 1 was overly complicated and didn't work very well, but Adobe finally got it right with Version 3, and it is now on Version 4.

For routine organizing and processing of photos it's great. I now do about 80% of all my photo work with it, only switching to Photoshop CS or Elements when I need to do something complicated (like merging two images or adding text to an image).

For most people, Lightroom plus Elements will do everything they'll ever need (it's what I keep on my laptop), and the combination is half the cost of PhotoShop. Plus, Lightroom is an outstanding tool for organizing photos, even having tools to select shots and automatically upload them to a number of sites (such as Facebook and Smugmug) if you wish.

-- hide signature --

Jeff Peterman
Any insults, implied anger, bad grammar and bad spelling, are entirely unintentionalal. Sorry.
www.pbase.com/jeffp25
www.jeffp25.smugmug.com
http://i.pbase.com/t4/89/46889/4/143706232.M9mg6pc5.jpg

Jeff Peterman's gear list:Jeff Peterman's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ40 Canon PowerShot S110 Canon EOS 7D Canon EF-S 10-22mm f/3.5-4.5 USM Canon EF-S 17-55mm f/2.8 IS USM +16 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow