Help , where have my video files gone?

Started Oct 30, 2012 | Discussions thread
kiwigirl
Senior MemberPosts: 1,347Gear list
Like?
Re: Help , where have my video files gone?
In reply to Trevor Carpenter, Nov 1, 2012

When I saw the quality of the video on my TZ7 a couple of years ago, I upgraded to Quicktime Pro to make the most of it.  By shooting in the .MOV format I am able to edit and join my clips. The free and fast MP4Cam2AVI will convert clips up to 2GB into the AVI format with no apparent loss of quality.  I can write these to an ordinary USB stick and plug it into our TV and it plays it beautifully.  No need to write to discs or have separate players.  AVI is supported by most operating systems so even the technologically challenged can play it on Windows Media Player.

When I got my GH2 earlier this year I again looked into AVCHD, but like others have said it's not friendly to edit and would have meant purchasing more software and yet another learning curve. So I've stuck with the above solution - AVI for the telly and MOV (played beautifully with VLC) on the computer.  I don't take much video at all, but for the times I do, I want to be able to edit it - as there's nothing more painful to watch than bad video 

kiwigirl's gear list:kiwigirl's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ50 Panasonic Lumix DMC-ZS3 Panasonic Lumix DMC-L1 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GH3 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 9-18mm 1:4.0-5.6 +3 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow