Rejected for being blurred? I think I have lost the plot with this one :)

Started Oct 31, 2012 | Discussions thread
rickpoole
Contributing MemberPosts: 662Gear list
Like?
Re: Ok, OK its rubbish.
In reply to birdbrain, Nov 1, 2012

I've submitted a few aviation photos to that same website and all were rejected.  They rejected one of a Southwest Airlines 737 for being overly sharpened.  I sent it back with an explanation and a question - it was shot using raw and no sharpening was applied, even in ACR, so does that mean my lens is too sharp?  Got a response that made no sense at all.  Thought about blurring it a bit and resubmitting but didn't want to degrade the image.

Submitted one of a corporate jet landing that was rejected for not being sharpened enough.  I redid it adding .1 more units of high-pass sharpening (very slightly noticeable at 100%) and it got rejected for over sharpening.

Apparently there is more of a secret than just have an outstanding image...haven't figured out the secret yet.  If their turn-around time was faster it would be easier to figure out the secret formula but when it takes 1-2 weeks to get results you tend to forget just what you did to an image.

rickpoole's gear list:rickpoole's gear list
Canon EOS 7D Canon EF-S 17-55mm f/2.8 IS USM Canon EF 100-400mm f/4.5-5.6L IS USM Canon EF 100mm f/2.8L Macro IS USM Canon EF 70-200mm f/4L IS USM +7 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow