How big can I print with the D90 and still make it look good?

Started Nov 1, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
PeterTX
Contributing MemberPosts: 683Gear list
Like?
How big can I print with the D90 and still make it look good?
Nov 1, 2012

I printed two 20x30 poster size pictures that I once took with my Original Canon Rebel. They were ok at a little distance and the sunset pic which had less details actually looked great!

The picture of the waterfall in the forest you could see that the resolution wasn't really enough but a few feet away it was ok.

Now my wife wants me to take a picture of one of our tropical bananas in m=our back yard and blow it up substantially larger than the 20x30. So my question to you D90 photographers out there how big can I blow it up?

Unlike my travel pics where I had no way to go back and take them (both were jpeg btw) I will take this pic RAW and really optimize it since the object is in my back yard.

I will hand on the wall a bit up so not really expect pixel peeping at really close distance but still how big can I go, 30x 40 (inches)?

Or do I need to borrow a 24M D600 or my friends 5D III to get up in size?

Advice and experience is really appreciated!

PeterTX's gear list:PeterTX's gear list
Olympus E-M1
Canon EOS 5D Nikon D600 Nikon D90
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow