Ming Thein thinks "D800 is obsolete"...

Started Oct 28, 2012 | Discussions thread
GroWeb
Regular MemberPosts: 152Gear list
Like?
Re: Two examples
In reply to Theodoros Fotometria, Nov 1, 2012

Theodoros Fotometria wrote:

....a photograph is a print by definition, and photography is the process of creating it! ...Are you sure you have attended an elementary school for language and the use of words....?

Theodoros;

"Photo" means "light" and "graph" means "drawing" or "writing" (these are from ancient Greek roots). Thus "photography" is the process of writing or drawing with light. In a film SLR, this happens as the mirror lifts and allows photons to interact with the emulsion on the film. In a DSLR, this happens as the mirror lifts and allows photons to reach the sensor, the photons are counted and mapped, and the result is saved (written) as a RAW file. The RAW file is thus the photograph. The print is not the photograph; it is a print (third generation copy from a .tif or .jpg file) of the photograph. In common usage the print is called a photograph; but so is the image displayed on a monitor.

I attended university for language and the use of words.

And I must say that I am getting a bit sick of your unfriendly and rude responses to people, and your patent unwillingness to open your mind to any viewpoint that differs from your own.

GroWeb's gear list:GroWeb's gear list
Nikon D300 Nikon D7000 Nikon D800E Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 35mm f/1.8G Nikon AF DX Fisheye-Nikkor 10.5mm f/2.8G ED +14 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
And?New
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow