Started Sep 22, 2012 | Discussions thread
AOKH
Senior MemberPosts: 2,569Gear list
Like?
Re: Photozone review of the 24-70 II
In reply to Jack Miton, Nov 1, 2012

Jack Miton wrote:

I have this lens and it is superb.

I have the 70-200 IS II also and the 24-70 is the equivalent for the standard zoom range.

Yes it's expensive, but bottom line is it is the best 24-70 lens available anywhere at all focal lengths.

(The sole exception would be if you want to shoot video in which case you want the IS on the Tamron.)

Do you need this lens if you already have the mark 1? The only factor there is your budget. If you can't afford it, them you clearly won't buy it. If you can afford it and want to know if it's a great lens? Yes, yes it is.

I have v1 and had looked forward to this new verion. Even had it on pre-order. However, I have been put off by the multiple reviews about copy variation. Seems some things never change   So now I am on the fence again, hoping perhaps manufacturing/quality control will improve over time.

-- hide signature --

Regards. Anders

AOKH's gear list:AOKH's gear list
Canon EOS 5D Mark II Canon EF 35mm f/1.4L USM Canon EF 70-200mm f/2.8L IS II USM Canon EF 24-70mm f/2.8L II USM +14 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
NopeNew
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow