Conventional digital cameras vs smartphones

Started Oct 28, 2012 | Discussions thread
ryder78
Contributing MemberPosts: 546
Like?
Re: Conventional digital cameras vs smartphones
In reply to Draek, Nov 1, 2012

Draek wrote:

I didn't say anything about your skills, I said that you should've pushed the ISO setting higher then used NR to clean up the noise, be it through a separate program (like NoiseNinja) or on the camera's own settings.

I've done the comparisons myself, and neither my brother's Samsung Galaxy nor my friend's iPhone were a match, in terms of detail or colors, to my mother's Fuji AX250 or my own Canon A1200, neither of which costs more than $100. Against an SLR? that'd just be mean.

Hi,

The iPhone sucks as a camera phone, not too sure about the Samsung Galaxy. Hence, it doesn't come as a surprise to me that your mother's Fuji AX250 or Canon A1200 which costs less than $100 produced better colors and detail than both mobile devices.

Having that said, have you tried the Nokia N8, or better still the Pureview 808? I believe the N8 will be superior to both AX250 and A1200. The Pureview 808 will beat any point-and-shoot cameras up to $350 in image quality. Only thing is the device itself costs more than $500.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow