Why not allow OM-D EM-5 posts in this forum?

Started Nov 1, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Denjw
Senior MemberPosts: 2,406Gear list
Like?
Why not allow OM-D EM-5 posts in this forum?
Nov 1, 2012

Hi all

I notice lately that there is a propensity for post involving the EM-5 to be summarily dismissed with the message "Wrong Forum". Now I know what the description of this forum says and if the post is purely about seeking a solution to a mFT shooting/technical gear issue then the correct forum is the MFTT forum. But I for one don't mind posts regarding the EM-5 with 4/3 glass.

Also there are a number of very good Oly photographers who are dual shooters and if they decide to post some EM-5 opinions or photos here, then they should be welcome to. Just have a good look at Gary Blake’s bald eagle thread below.

http://forums.dpreview.com/forums/post/50168047

Now don't get me wrong this camera is not for me at this stage as I am quite happy shooting with my E-5. But I have read a lot of posts regarding the "mythical E-7" which people are hoping for (me too) with the EM-5 sensor in it.

So why are some of us too eager to dismiss posts regarding the EM-5? After all it may be the forerunner to the next Olympus DSLR (maybe a revamped version of the OM-D).

Just my thoughts.

Cheers

Dennis

-- hide signature --
 Denjw's gear list:Denjw's gear list
Olympus E-300 Olympus E-30 Olympus E-5 Olympus E-M1 Olympus Zuiko Digital ED 50mm 1:2.0 Macro +10 more
Olympus E-5
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow