F770 questions and comments

Started Sep 13, 2012 | Discussions thread
NOEL 100
Contributing MemberPosts: 659Gear list
Like?
Re: Ditto
In reply to Barry Fitzgerald, Nov 1, 2012

I have two reasonably modern computers that can both dual boot. They were originally set up for Ubuntu (Linux), XP, Win7 32 and Win7 64.

A lot of people love Linux and I must say its fun to use if you’re a bit of a power user. However the lack of 3rd party software and support by manufactures eventually killed it for me. I would recommend investigating that there is actually Linux software available for what you require before you went ahead installed a version of it.

The old faithfull XP I keep as secondary system because some of the older software I use for my radio hobby doesn’t run well or at all on Win7 XX.

Now lets get to Win7 XX. Win7 32 was my initial system and I must say I found it better than XP but after some coaxing I installed Win7 64. Not a regrettable move at all!. A most robust and reliable system that I find hard to find faults with.

None of the graphics packages I’ve tried has had an issue using Win7 64 and most of the newer software has 64bit drivers included. It's all good.

-- hide signature --

Noel 100

NOEL 100's gear list:NOEL 100's gear list
Fujifilm FinePix HS30EXR Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6G VR Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 55-300mm f/4.5-5.6G ED VR Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 18-300mm F3.5-5.6G ED VR
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow