I Can't Ask More....

Started Oct 31, 2012 | Discussions thread
Roland Karlsson
Forum ProPosts: 20,436Gear list
Like?
Re: Not following orders ...
In reply to Lin Evans, Oct 31, 2012

So, you give the viewers orders. No pixel peeping. No color analysis. No nothing except looking at your amazing image and gaping in wonder ... Eh? Ill tell you - no way!!!

Ill do my pixel peeping. And Ill tell you why!

I have just got a new fantastic plastic lens in my left eye instead of the murky old gele version. And WOW ... is it sharp!

And what do I see when I look at this image at 100%? I see good old Foveon aliasing! Lots of it.

Which means that the lens is much sharper than the sensor.

Is this a good thing? Mostly yes ... but there are details where I wish you would have had a softer lens. But overall - its fantastic.

And I also see the fantastic Foveon evenness. Its exactly the same sharpness everywhere. In a Bayer camera it would vary. Lets say that we had a 30 MP Bayer. Then some parts would have had more detail than this (if the lens provides it) and some parts would have less. Thats one of the major advantages of Foveon IMHO. Even sharpness.

Shall I say something about the blue sky and the colors? Nope - I shall not. They are as you intend. So - they are yours.

Roland Karlsson's gear list:Roland Karlsson's gear list
Canon PowerShot G10 Pentax K-5 Pentax smc DA 15mm F4 ED AL Limited Pentax smc FA 50mm F1.4 Pentax smc DA 21mm F3.2 AL Limited +6 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow