Started Oct 31, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
rewinder
Junior MemberPosts: 37
Like?
Leica M 240 + Zeiss ZM lenses
Oct 31, 2012

Hi folks. I'm a Zeiss Ikon ZM shooter with multiple Zeiss ZM lenses. I was reading about the new Leica M over at imaging-resource.com and it mentions:

"The M's 24 megapixel sensor sits behind a standard Leica M bayonet lens mount, which includes a sensor to read the identity marked on modern Leica M-mount lenses. The identification is done thanks to a small six-bit monochrome code painted on the lens mount, and read by a light sensor in the camera body. There's hence no electronic communication between camera and lens. Older lenses can also be modified to add the code, so long as there's a corresponding entry in the camera's lens database. If the code isn't available, the camera won't correctly indicate the field of view in the rangefinder, which will mean your framing is limited to guesswork. That will only be an issue for older lenses, however." (emphasis mine)

I'm assuming this means that, like the M9, I will have the option to code my 35mm Biogon as a 35mm Summicron somewhere in the menu system and that way I'll get the proper framelines?

Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow