Started Oct 31, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
mastrfshrmn
New MemberPosts: 21
Like?
FZ200 Concert Photos - October 28
Oct 31, 2012

Concert Photography is my personal favorite genre, and what got me start into photography in the first place. I also enjoy the concerts themselves and go as a fan and audience member, not a hired gun in the pit with a $10,000 DSLR set up 3 ft from the artists.
Most venues don't allow DSLR's in the audience, only point and shoots are allowed. Obviously concert photography is filled with challenges... low light, high zoom, quick action - not always a good combination. I had high hopes for the FZ200 in overcoming most of these challenges for me - and during my shooting this past weekend at Red Hot Chili Peppers Concert in Omaha, NE - this is definitely the best non DSLR i've ever used for concert photography and would highly recommend it to anyone else with such an interest.
When shooting at Fine JPG Resolution 2 Frames/sec... the camera never slowed down and I was able to take burst of 100+ shots in a row with no issue.
The F2.8 lens allowed me to use higher shutter speeds than ever before to get better light while having more room for shutter speed in capturing movement.
The battery was also amazing - the camera was on for over 3 hours... producing greater than 2,000 images... and there were still 2 bars remaining.
Most of these photos were taken at around 20x zoom, F2.8, ISO 400, Shutter Priority with speed from 125-320 depending on available stage light at the time.
A few examples here:

Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ200
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow