CANON 18-200MM

Started Oct 31, 2012 | Questions thread
Messiah Complex
Regular MemberPosts: 133Gear list
Like?
Re: CANON 18-200MM
In reply to KND11212, Oct 31, 2012

I haven't used it myself, but it's my understanding that it makes some substantial compromises optically in order to get that range.

One other thing to consider: that lens is big, and heavy.  If you're going to be wrangling small children, the last thing you are going to want is four pounds of camera hanging around your neck.  Not to mention that Disney itself is going to be busy and crowded.  People everywhere = poor opportunities for nice photos.

I was just at Disney a couple years ago, and by the end of the week, I was sick to death of my point-and-shoot.  I couldn't imagine having hauled an SLR along with me (especially on rides).

My advice to you would be to take the money you would have spent on the lens, and buy a compact P&S superzoom.  I honestly think you'll have a better time of it.

Messiah Complex's gear list:Messiah Complex's gear list
Canon EOS 600D Canon EOS 70D Canon EF 50mm f/1.8 II Canon EF-S 15-85mm f/3.5-5.6 IS USM Canon EF-S 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6 IS II +3 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow