Started Oct 31, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
onlyfairways
Forum MemberPosts: 50Gear list
Like?
A few photos from Africa (D800e)
Oct 31, 2012

After procrastinating for quite some time, I went ahead and purchased a D800e (an upgrade from the D300) shortly before a recent trip to Africa. I've only begun to review and process the photos I took but can say that I really enjoyed using my new camera and am pleased with the results I'm seeing.

Our two week family holiday was about evenly split between a typical vehicle based game drive safari in the Masai Mara and a 5 day, 80 km hike/trek in Tsavo East National Park. We had some amazing experiences and look forward to a return trip when the travel budget allows.

Our guide had us in front of the pair of cheetah for nearly an hour at sunrise one morning.

It was nearly dark when this female leopard had had enough with a mating male.

The Masai Mara landscapes lends itself to great skies. In this photo, the small light spot on the far right is the head of a cheetah, lying in the grass.

Thanks for looking.

-- hide signature --

B.Taylor

onlyfairways's gear list:onlyfairways's gear list
Nikon D800E
Nikon D300 Nikon D800E Pentax K-m (K2000)
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow