Some C&C appreciated

Started Oct 30, 2012 | Discussions thread
Bobby J
Veteran MemberPosts: 3,690Gear list
Like?
Re: Some C&C appreciated
In reply to Trevor Carpenter, Oct 31, 2012

Trevor, I think you evaluated this pretty well yourself so I won't comment on the photo as I agree with your comment.

What I did want to comment on is that as a photographer I think your photos should please you 1st of all.  If others enjoy it that's just a welcome bonus.

I like to take photos of nearly anything I find interesting.  Snakes are one of those...although I am not a snake enthusiast by any means.  Down at the Riverbank Zoo in Columia, SC, they have an excellent reptile house and I sometimes go there.  I've taken a couple of what I thought were really good, moody...even spooky shots there and entered them in my camera club competition.  I got poor marks and I've done enough photography to know a good shot when I see one.

I've also entered a few "moody" sort of downbeat shots that were nonetheless very good photos with some impact.  Again they scored poorly.  I've noticed the same results for others that entered similar shots.  What I've observed is the members there like upeat, happy, feel good photos.  So for the competition there I enter those kinds of shots and they do well.  No better than my downbeat shots but they do well.

That doesn't make me the least bit unhappy and I still take whatever moves me because I'm who I want to please in the end.

Enjoy your birding.  

-- hide signature --

BJM

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow