Started Oct 31, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
halfmonkey
Regular MemberPosts: 140Gear list
Like?
rx100 and an iMac walkthrough
Oct 31, 2012

Seeing that Apple and Sony are competing businesses, there doesn't seem to be very much support from Sony as it relates to Mac Apple products. Sony of course will do the minimum so that their products will work but not all of the features will work with Apple products.

I'm thinking of getting the rx100 but was curious to know from those of you that have iMacs, what your workflow procedure is.

1. For photos, do you use iphoto or aperature to import your photos? Do you catalog your photos separately outside of iphoto/aperature?

2. It seems that imovie can't work with avchd 1080p/60p nor 1080p/24p. Do you use 1080i or do you switch over to the MP4 format (I think it's called the MP4 format?)

3. I'm a long time Canon user and I currently have the S95. It's a great camera and I've thought about upgrading to the S110 as it uses adifferent sensor from the S95 and it's also touch screen so it's a big enough difference that i might be worth it. Of course, the RX100 is a way alrger sensor and in a little bit of a different market but the workflow has definitely borught up some questions as to how it might work on a mac.

halfmonkey's gear list:halfmonkey's gear list
Sony Alpha 7
Canon PowerShot S110 Canon PowerShot S95 Sony RX100
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow