Started Oct 31, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Mitrajoon
Senior MemberPosts: 1,384
Like?
Dell 8500 Issue 2
Oct 31, 2012

I created a short cut to my Documents and sent it to the Desk Top so that I can get to my Documents folder quickly.  In Windows Vista I kept it on the taskbar.

I have two drives: C for Operating Systems and D for Data.  If I save a document it is saved to D: Documents.

Here's the problem: When I click on the Documents short cut, it opens up with my Document folders as expected however there are 4 D Drives showing! One is the D Drive as a separate drive, two drives show up in the C Drive and one shows up in the Library. And the path that is shown at the top is C: User/Jim/Documents rather than D: Documents.

I spent hours with Dell Tech support on this.  Most of it with them taking control of my computer to try and fix it. They brought in a senior tech.  Their response was that they had never seen nor heard of this before and couldn't duplicate on their machines.  They suggested I format the C drive and manually install the Windows 7 system.

Before I take this drastic step (it took me two weeks to get all my programs up and running correctly), I thought I'd ask the experts here.

I made a screen shot of image with the 4 D Drives but don't know how to post it.

-- hide signature --
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow