Started Oct 31, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Mitrajoon
Senior MemberPosts: 1,361
Like?
Dell 8500 Issue 1
Oct 31, 2012

I'm experiencing a couple of what I hope are minor issues with my Dell 8500 that I hope someone can help me resolve. I'll use a different post for each.

The first in a constant clicking sound. Not sure how to describe it beyond that. I'm not a technical person but I think of a solenoid when I hear it. Another example might be like the clicking sound a car starter makes when the battery is dead. I've disconnected all external components so we know it is internal to the 8500. I'm thinking it has to be either the Data drive (the OS is a solid state mSata) or maybe a fan.

It clicks whether I am actually doing anything or just reading. It does seem to click more frequently when I am actively working on something like surfing the web.

I've talked with Dell Tech support and they have no idea. They've run all the standard tests and nothing seems amiss so they've washed their hands of it.

I'm wondering if anyone else has experienced this or has any suggestions to stop it.

-- hide signature --
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow