Started Oct 31, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Ziad joseph
Regular MemberPosts: 227Gear list
Like?
Las Vegas captures
Oct 31, 2012

Good day all, Before i continue here i just would like to say that i prefer the old interface, I had to restart this thread twice due to botched photo embedding et al.

I thought i would just post some pics from our recent trip to Las Vegas and was interested in some feedback and thoughts on them. I thought i would have had much more keepers than i ended up with as at times when i reviewed my shots on the camera they looked much nicer than they actually did when I got back home. I guess that is what I get for not taking my time and being clinical in my composition and looking at everything in the scene etc. Anyway, t tried my best, I walked with my tripod and so i attempted alot of nightime shots, here are some of my favourites.

All except for the 2nd and last two photographs were taken with my canon 10-22 mm and all shots taken with the rebel t2i.

Thanks for looking,

My wife, in the foreground to the right while we wait in the terminal in Mexico city to transfer to Las vegas

Colourful lights inside of the Miracle Mile mall

The lobby of the Bellagio Hotel

Fountain show, taken with my newly purchased Hoya 77mm ND 400 filter

Sory about the dirty window and artifacts in the shot here but not much i can do about that, view from our hotel window

View of the strip during the day from the walkover outside of the New York New York hotel

Fountain show during the day again but from our hotel room this time

Love the colours agian here, maybe i should have stepped back and gotten the whole ROSS billboard and colours inthe shot, another oversight

When i took this i remember that Harry potter movie with the speeding bus through london.

Again sorry about the power lines, another oversight while shooting , i did not even notice them in the frame until i came home and realized how it stood out, I guess i was mislead by al lthe flashing lights.

This is one of my favourites but maybe i could have still gotten it better, I took so many attempts at this

Hustle and bustle along the strip

Love the orientation of the buildings

Its so strange, when i took this photograph i did not think much of it but when i came home and croped it and gave him the B&W treatment i was blown away, this is my favourite capture from the entire trip. Seems nostalgic

another throwback type of shot, could not resist putting it in B&W

Ziad joseph's gear list:Ziad joseph's gear list
Canon EOS 550D Canon EF-S 10-22mm f/3.5-4.5 USM Canon EF-S 55-250mm f/4-5.6 IS Canon EF-S 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6 IS
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow