a77 firmware 1.06 : release w/o card setting gone ! lost wildlife shots

Started Oct 31, 2012 | Discussions thread
yorugua
Forum MemberPosts: 71Gear list
Like?
Re: a77 firmware 1.06 : release w/o card setting gone ! lost wildlife shots
In reply to skeudenn, Oct 31, 2012

skeudenn wrote:

the trees are getting barer, the birds hungrier, and sony a77 has lost a feather as well :

it's lost the ability to prevent shooting without card! It used to be near release without lens!

I suppose the last update was so massive they had to find room somewhere. I think the trade off between locking the movie button and loosing that no card failsafe is a bit stiff!

the lost 20 picture of the great spotted woodpecker are sure still fresh in my memory but damn!

I hope I understand your post correctly, and I understand you have an A77. I have an A65, and if I shoot without a memory card, the pictures go to an internal memory drive until it fills. Now, if I put in the memory card, the internal memory is masked by the memory card I just inserted. To see the "internal" contents, you need to remove the memory card, and connect the camera to your PC.

Sorry in advance if I misunderstood.

yorugua's gear list:yorugua's gear list
Sony Cyber-shot DSC-W320 Sony DT 18-55mm F3.5-5.6 SAM Sony DT 18-250mm F3.5-6.3 +2 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow