Started Oct 29, 2012 | Discussions thread
math guy
Senior MemberPosts: 2,312Gear list
Like?
Re: why does the score matter?
In reply to Class A, Oct 31, 2012

Class A wrote:

math guy wrote:

I understand what you're saying, but it seems to me that some folks are overly concerned about that score.

You and I, and probably most people that shoot Pentax go and actually read the review, ignore the overall score, deciding for themselves what is important and what is not.

The majority of buyers, however, will fast-forward to the summary page or just look at a ranked list of models. Dealers will point to scores to make their lives easier and customers trust scores.

That's partially why I take issue with the Conclusions page not discussing the "two-dials" feature at all. I've been polite about it, but to be honest I think it is a major flaw of the review and I am very surprised that Lars has not responded to my respective question yet.
It is not like the review is cast in stone. Other corrections have been made already. If it were my motivation to inform potential customers as thoroughly as possible, I'd make sure they know about the two dials in both "Pros" and Conclusions discussion.
If they don't like two dials or video is important to them, fine. But you've got to present unique features for what they are.

Good points. When you put it that way, it makes sense.

-- hide signature --

-- Joe S.
"We make a living by what we get; we make a life by what we give." ~ Sir Winston Churchill
http://www.pentaxphotogallery.com/artists/josephschmitt

math guy's gear list:math guy's gear list
Pentax K-x Tamron SP AF 70-200mm F/2.8 Di LD (IF) MACRO Pentax smc DA 55-300mm F4.0-5.8 ED Pentax smc DA 21mm F3.2 AL Limited Pentax smc DA 70mm F2.4 AL Limited +4 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow