In Nikon D800e validated the vibrations and the tripods

Started Oct 30, 2012 | Discussions thread
Truman Prevatt
Veteran MemberPosts: 3,853Gear list
Like?
Re: In Nikon D800e validated the vibrations and the tripods
In reply to garyhgaryh, Oct 31, 2012

garyhgaryh wrote:

Yeah it was difficult for me to ready in more than one way.

Please summarize?!

Physics 101.  When a mass is rapidly accelerated (mirror ) and then is stopped by the camera body, the camera body will move since it has a force applied to it.  The same is true of the shutter - except it happens twice, once when it opens and is accelerating and then stops open and then when it reaccelerates in the opposite direction.  Clearly the mirror will be more of an issue than the shutter.

That is one of the reasons that my RB67 uses lens shutters instead of focal plane shutters.  A very small shutter that opens in all directions hence balancing the forces and not creating vibration.

I expect with 135 format cameras, the newer and a lot heavier lenses only aggravate the issue because they more the center of mass of the camera and lens out of the camera and there is a long arm between the center of mass and the mirror and shutter.  I expect if I put my old and trusty

Nikkor 50 mm AFD 1.4 on the vibration - particularly the shutter vibration would significantly dissipate.

-- hide signature --

Truman
www.pbase.com/tprevatt

Truman Prevatt's gear list:Truman Prevatt's gear list
Nikon D800E Nikon AF Nikkor 50mm f/1.4D Nikon AF Nikkor 85mm f/1.4D Nikon AF Nikkor 135mm f/2D DC Nikon AF Nikkor 180mm f/2.8D ED-IF +7 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow