Owners: How does the 10 f2.8 compare with the 10-30mm f/3.5-5.6 VR ?

Started Oct 31, 2012 | Questions thread
bowman
Contributing MemberPosts: 540Gear list
Like?
Re: Owners: How does the 10 f2.8 compare with the 10-30mm f/3.5-5.6 VR ?
In reply to jonikon, Oct 31, 2012

I have owned the V1 with both kit lens for some months and been very pleased indeed, so much so that I purcased a second with 10mm lens.

I have not yet carried out any pixel peeping but I got the impression that the 10mm is sharper with better contrast and tones. I even check out the settings on both cameras in case they were mismatched. It is a very nice little lens indeed and if I can I will post a few direct comparrisons taken with one camera, may take a day or two but should be interesting.

I must say I do like using the cameras with the 10mm, the 10-30 seems large and slow to switch on and unlock fter using the 10mm. Of course I do miss the zoom on occasions and am pleased to own the two lens. I think I would find a 35mm equivelent even more useful than the 10mm.

My pal, a professional photographer purcased a V1 a few months ago with only the 10mm as a carry anywhare camera, he is delighted with it and is taking more photographs for "Himself" than he has for years.

Regards

John B.

bowman's gear list:bowman's gear list
Nikon D700
selected answer This post was selected as the answer by the original poster.
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow