dpreview AdminPosts: 443Gear list
Like?
Re: How does one unsuscribe from a thread
In reply to Olga Johnson, Oct 31, 2012

Olga Johnson wrote:

skyglider wrote:

Adrian Godong wrote:

That means you're not subscribed.

The keyboard shortcut key section does not show the status of whether you are subscribed, we'll push a fix for this.

-- hide signature --

Adrian Godong
DPReview.com

Since I posted in this thread and since a link appears in my "Recent forum activity" list, does that constitute being subscribed?

No. Unless you specifically requests that you be subscribed to email updates (the last checkbox when you post a message), you're not subscribed. The other way to subscribe is via the More Options, this way you can subscribe without posting on the thread.

If so, when I click "+ More options" I only see:

• Bookmark post
  • Ignore user
  • Mark thread read
  • Subscribe to updates

If that does not constitute being subscribed, what is the correct term?

Here's my specific problem:
I posted in the thread "Thumbs down trolls". That thread is going on and on with arguments back & forth and I don't want to read it any more. What can I do to not have it listed in my "Recent forum activity" list?

You cannot remove it. The page lists threads that you have participated in.

If you want to create your own list, you can use the bookmark function.

Thanks,
Sky

I believe that subscriptions have to do with email notifications and are not related to "Recent forum activity" list. That is why, when typing a message you see the "Email notifications" on the bottom of the screen where you can "subscribe to email updates".

Yes, this is correct.

-- hide signature --

Olga

-- hide signature --

Adrian Godong
DPReview.com

Adrian Godong's gear list:Adrian Godong's gear list
Nikon D60 Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 55-200mm f/4-5.6G VR Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6G VR +3 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow