Is Panasonic Doomed? Massive Losses!!

Started Oct 31, 2012 | Discussions thread
trevmar
Senior MemberPosts: 2,386
Like?
Re: Is Panasonic Doomed? Massive Losses!!
In reply to jazzbass62, Oct 31, 2012

Q.  Why would Smartphone cameras cause a loss of market share for the mirrorless sector?

A. Because the public has been told they need a high-end SLR or mirrorless camera to get good photos of the kids, etc... And many are starting to realize that today's smartphone cameras can do that job really well...

I gave up on Panasonic when they put the 30 minute video clip limit on the US LX7. That was 'inspired' marketing, which ruined that camera for me, and poisoned my view of Panasonic as a reliable supplier.. I did subsequently buy an FZ200 to handle the longer clips, but I am not a happy camper, and am assuming that the current P&S models may well be the last gasp from Panasonic in that sector.

As for the mirrorless, well the M4/3 sector was what Panny was pinning its profitability hopes on. If these data are correct, then Panasonic might well get out of that sector too. It is what big companies do. they follow the markets, follow the money...

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow