Started Oct 31, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Phil1
Contributing MemberPosts: 698
Like?
GX2 wishlist! Any views?
Oct 31, 2012

I love the control systems & menus used on my GF1. Panasonic seem to understand what a photographer needs in these areas. But I’m not so enamoured of its lack of a built-in EVF and also its DR & noise characteristics.

While I eagerly anticipate the GX2, the deal breaker for me for me would be the inability to take an external flash AND an EVF at the same time. In other words I’m not buying unless it has a (good) built-in EVF.

It seems that Olympus is now using the significantly superior Sony sensors on at least some of its new cameras, as does the GH3, I believe. I do hope the GX2 uses a Sony sensor and not an inferior Panasonic one.  Of course I really hope that Panasonic will come out with a Sony-beating sensor but, if not, let’s hope that sense prevails!

Apologies if this is a bit controversial but I do feel strongly that Panasonic need to address these issues.

How do you feel about these points?

Phil

Panasonic Lumix DMC-GF1 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GH3
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow