ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
AlanB1976
Regular MemberPosts: 173
Like?
Any issues with NEX 6 in cold weather?
Oct 31, 2012

Hey all

I don’t have the NEX 6 yet, but it is on my shopping list for Christmas in order to take on our Arctic trip. We’re going to Tromso (Norway) for the Northern Lights, hence needing to get the NEX before then. Anyway, Tromso isn’t that cold as it’s along the warm Gulf stream (so I hear) and so sits around -5C. However, in chasing the lights, we might go quite far and might be taking pictures at around -20C (or possibly colder). My little G9 that I had previously on another Arctic trip survived well in temperatures up to -25C. The only issue was the batteries lasting about a quarter of their time.

Does anyone have experience or knowledge of the NEX range in cold weather? I will try to keep it close to my body in the travel but, if I get some good opportunities with the Northern Lights, it might be exposed for an hour or 2. Any advice?

Thanks

Alan

Canon PowerShot G9
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow