Started Oct 31, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
vkyr2
Senior MemberPosts: 1,455Gear list
Like?
The deeply buried forgotten shots
Oct 31, 2012

Some people probably know this also all too well, once you got your cam you start making shots here and there, but you will often not find the time to really process them or archive them in some meaningful easy to find again manner. I for example often make some fresh shots, mostly RAWs, but then just copy them over to the hard disk and do a quick review via the Nikon NEF Codec and an image viewer like Irfan View or the like. But no later than when the disk space is running out or I need the space for other tasks (which quite often happens), I then finally start to archive all those space consuming NEF files to DVDs or an external hard drive, just giving them (the DVDs) some plain at least for me meaningful title and date stamp. All in all more in a way of a common quick turn around approach and with no real archive strategy behind it.

Sometimes I think I should start to perform and use some better more foolproof archiving scheme here, but then I realize that I have some xxx backup DVDs full of xxxx images and fear, that it would take endless to get all this afterwards into some meaningful structure with the help of some cataloging software or things like Lightroom etc.

How do you handle all that, do you use some good to adapt, proven foolproof strategy...?

Just for fun some deeply forgotten shots, these were tryouts from last year just after I bought a D7000 and when I started to familiarize myself with the camera. Those were taken in the evening outside of a small Italian restaurant. Just converted those quickly without further PP or sharpening etc.

D7k   90mm   1/60s   f5.6    ISO 800   18-105mm VR

D7k   58mm   1/60s   f5.1    ISO 560   18-105mm VR

D7k   92mm   1/60s   f5.6    ISO 800   18-105mm VR

Have a nice day...!

Nikon D7000 Panasonic Lumix DMC-F5
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow