How is the 16-50 kit lens with NEX-5(N) and NEX-7 ?

Started Oct 28, 2012 | Discussions thread
SQLGuy
Senior MemberPosts: 3,044Gear list
Like?
Re: re: housekeeping chores on N7?
In reply to jpr2, Oct 31, 2012

jpr2 wrote:

Laurie Wilson wrote:

It starts up quickly, but is very, very slow to close. Quicker on the 7 than the 5N.

I don't know anything abt. operations on 5N but with N7 there seems to be quite a lot of activities going on even after I'm switching mine to OFF:

• LCD goes blank immediately;
  • but there are various assorted noises, of varying length and intensity, from both the camera and a lens attached (this part is easy - the iris is closing to its smallest);
  • sometimes there is even audible shutter release, although no picture is taken, nor shutter button was pressed before OFF POWER ;
  • and as 16-50 is a newish lens, the N7's FW might have little or no idea how to close id down quickly [just guessing];

jpr2

This shouldn't make you sad. It's just the dust removal process that fires on shutdown.

-- hide signature --

Nex-7 with kit lenses, Contax G 35, and a number of legacy lenses (mostly Canon FD)

SQLGuy's gear list:SQLGuy's gear list
Canon PowerShot G9 Nikon D200 A3000 Sony Alpha 7 Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 35mm f/1.8G +1 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow